This Policy constitutes a legal agreement between You and the Company. By mere visiting/ accessing the Service or downloading our app, You expressly consent to Company’s use and disclosure of Your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If You do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not proceed further to use/ access our services.
BY USING OUR SERVICES OR BY OTHERWISE GIVING US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY.
Personal Information We Collect
During Your use of the Service, We may collect and process information from You, including but not limited to the below mentioned:
4. This includes the information you provide us when registering to use the platform, like your name, company name, email address, postal address, other contact information you share with us, associated domain name and credit card information. Your login credentials are also personal data. This category also includes information tied to your identity that you provide us through other means, such as emails to our support team.
5. Communications between You and CDS. For example, We may send You Service-related emails (e.g., changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that You may not opt out of Service-related emails.
6. If you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive your email address, and may track your IP address as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other Users (and from other Users about you).
7. If you decide to purchase any of our premium services, we will process your payment information (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, UPI address or other financial information) and retain this securely for the prevention of fraud and for audit/tax purposes.
8. This is information that doesn’t let us determine your identity. This generally comes from your use of the services after registering. Non-personal data includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified to remove or hide (for instance, by aggregation) any personal data.
This will collectively be referred to as “Personal Information”.
Use of Personal Information
If you are a visitor of our website, we use your personal and non-personal data to engage with you and support live chat conversations on the website. When you are one of our customers, we use the information we collect about you to provide the services to you. We may use Your information, including Personal Information in the following ways:
1. Remembering Your login status so that You don’t have to login again if You are already logged in.
2. Help You efficiently access Your information after You sign in.
3. Remember information so You will not have to re-enter it during Your visit or the next time You visit the Service.
4. for billing and collection purposes, if you have subscribed to one of our paid plans;
5. We may use Your Personal Information for processing Your registration for Our Services. This may include verification of user information through mobile verification.
6. Investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
7. Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of Our Service, and other technical and functional management.
8. Develop and test new products and features. Personalise the App and the content we deliver to you. conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with the App
9. The company may also use 3rd party APIs and other websites to validate the payment information the user provides to the company.
10. Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
11. Diagnose or fix technology problems.
12. to comply with applicable laws to which we are subject.
You acknowledge that by using the Services, You are publishing certain Personal Information that can be viewed by other Users of the Service or we can publish your name or logo on company website or social media handles for the promotional uses. We will use and retain Your information for such periods as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce Our agreements. The company reserves the right to accept or remove any user without any explanation or notice.
Sharing Your Information
We will not rent or sell Your information to a third party outside CDS without Your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
1. We may share User content and Your information, including Personal Information, with third parties, including but not limited to advertisers on Our app.
2. We may remove parts of data that identifies You and share the remaining data with other parties. We may aggregate certain portions of Your data with the selected portions of data from other users and share it with other parties.
Data Retention Periods
CDS collects your personal data for the requirements of carrying out its contractual obligations as well as information about how and when you use our services and we retain this data in active databases, log files or other types of files so long as you use our services. CDS only stores your data for the time needed to provide to you our services (unless otherwise required by law). Your personal data is stored for as long as you hold an active account with us. All event related data and contact lists are stored for a period that varies depending on the type of data concerned and your plan. By default, this event related data is stored for 3 months on all plans and 12 months for all premium plans.
If you turn these features on, when you use your mobile, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude and may save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. This information helps us identify your physical location and we may use it to personalise the App and make it easier for you to interact with other Users, by enabling the information to be displayed and shared with other members choosing to view “nearby” posts. If you have enabled location services, but wish to turn them off, you can do it anytime.
Third-Party Service Integration
1. Our Service allows you to integrate and create commands for various online third-party services ("Third-Party Services"). In order to take advantage of this feature, you may need to authenticate, register for or log into Third-Party Services through the Service or on the websites of their respective providers. When you enable linking between or log in to Third-Party Services through the Service, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third-Party Service and your data and content contained within that Third-Party Service ("Login Credentials"). We store your Login Credentials long enough to enable linking to the Third-Party Service.
3. We may retain certain personally non-identifiable information related to the data or content linked between Third-Party Services (for example, date sent, link configuration, names of the Third-Party Services), for the purpose of improving our Services and as described below in the "Aggregated Personal Data" section.
Third-Party Payment Processor
1. We use commercially reasonable security practices and safeguards to help keep the Personal Information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify Your identity before granting You access to Your account. However, You understand that it is not possible to guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet and/ or stored on a computer resource, and therefore we are unable to guarantee your information, including Personal Information, absolute security.
2. Please do Your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between You and CDS, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes in other social media services You connect to CDS make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
We may collect information about your device when you use the Website or App including the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device's address book solely in order to add someone to your contacts.
We may share your Personal Information or any other information collected and stored by the Service with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons in connection with the provision of the Services to You. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information:
1. To a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database.
2. In connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or any other form of corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process.
Changes to this Policy.
CDS publishes a list of Customers & Testimonials on its site with information on our customers’ names. CDS undertakes to obtain the authorisation of every customer before publishing any testimonial on its website. If you wish to be removed from this list at any time, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information promptly.
Without systematically doing so, we may analyse and track the various rates (for example, click, open, bounce rates) and the number of emails sent to assess performance rates on your emailing campaigns.
Newsletter and Marketing emails
An unsubscribe link should be included in every newsletter and marketing email sent by you through our platform. For those that have expressly opted in to receive our CDS newsletter, you are easily able to unsubscribe by following the “unsubscribe” links included in every email or by contacting us directly.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented various technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. CDS takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. CDS applications are routinely scanned for vulnerabilities and an independent penetration test is conducted annually. All CDS employees undergo thorough background checks and sign non-disclosure agreements at the time of hiring. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to CDS via the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We have taken every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy.
This Policy shall not be applicable to any information other than the information collected by Us through the Service. This Policy shall not apply to any unsolicited information You provide Us either through this Service or through any other means. All unsolicited information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and the Company shall be free to use and/ or disclose such unsolicited information without any limitations.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts at Lucknow, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
The Terms were last updated on: 01 July 2020